iQwest - Team

 Home / About

Meet Our Team

Pete Afrasiabi
  • Pete Afrasiabi - CEO

 

 

Pete is one of the pioneers in the litigation support arena. Starting out as a project manager, he worked as a lead engineer on many large scale infrastructure and Document Management projects for law firms, Fortune 1000 and dot-com era companies.
Learn more

Marla Mohr
  • Marla Mohr - National Sales Manager

 

 

An industry veteran of more than 15 years, Marla has worked within the legal space in publishing, court reporting, court filings, e discovery and litigation support fields giving her a wide range of experience.
Learn more

Why Choose us?

Excellent Customer Service
Customer Service is our top priory. iQwest understands the need for quick responses, on point consulting and assistance in all aspects of your case. We work with you on each matter to get the best results for your client in the most cost-effective manner.
Read more
Professional Litigation Support
We are litigation support consultants. Our company has only and will only work in the electronic, information technologies space. We are not your typical copy shop or deposition company turned consultants. With over 2 decades of consulting on the most effective approaches to handling cases, we are in the forefront of handling large document productions in the litigation support industry.
Read more
iQwest's Reputation
iQwest has designed, created and implemented highly effective and often unique technology based solutions in support of the litigation discovery process for over nine years. The Company’s reputation is rapidly emerging as the leading edge provider for consulting...
Read more

Our History

IQWEST Information Technologies, Inc. mastered OCR technology in ways that are still unique only to IQWEST. Since our OCR technology is so incredibly accurate, it was our belief that the indexing of litigation documents could be completely automated. We felt that by adding the element of autocoding, we would not only be able to concisely extract surnames from clean text (to provide a needed index to Names mentioned) but also extract Document Type, Author, Recipient, Subject/Title and other relevant key index fields. We perfected this process to accuracy of approximately 70% of our documents; the problem was that we couldn’t tell you which of the remaining 30% were wrong!

For example, our algorithms could identify a letter by certain characteristics…but a letter agreement would also be identified as a letter!

This led us to the inescapable conclusion that we must continue to rely on human indexing for these important key fields. The decision was to refine the human coding process in ways to improve accuracy and reduce costs, adding technology where practical. In these efforts we have been extraordinarily successful – so much so that our costs and turnaround time of projects are better than those of companies that perform autocoding only! And, our accuracy is incredible.


"On Budget, On Time, Every time"